Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Studies have even shown that people who take the time to care for their own emotional needs during fertility treatment tend to be more successful in achieving pregnancy.
- Women who were in their second year of infertility, who were not experiencing depression, and who received group psychological intervention to help them avoid becoming depressed had significantly increased rates of viable pregnancies compared to women who did not receive preventative treatment for depression (Reproductive Endocrinology 73:4, April 2000).
- Women who received treatment for depression showed a 60 percent viable pregnancy rate within six months, contrasting with 24 percent for women whose depression went untreated (Journal of American Women’s Medical Association 54, 1999).
Infertility Support Group:
Healing, Hope and Health
This monthly support group offers patients struggling with infertility and/or recurrent miscarriage an opportunity to meet with others while learning to cope with feelings such as anger, anxiety, sadness, isolation and guilt.
1st Wednesday of the Month
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Houston IVF Waiting Room
929 Gessner, Suite 2300
Houston, TX 77024
There is no fee for the group, which is open to anyone regardless of clinic or physician. Please register for each group by calling Leslee at 713-444-4828 or by submitting an email to [email protected]
Reasons for joining a group:
- I'm feeling lonely and isolated
- I have very few people to talk with about my infertility. No one understands
- Everyone I know is pregnant or has children
- My partner is the only one I have who provides emotional support
- Infertility is affecting my work and career
- I feel that my life plan is out of control. I'm having trouble navigating through my medical treatment options
- I can't decide when "enough is enough"
- Holidays and coping with family and friends is becoming more and more difficult.
Mommies Enduring Neonatal Death is a Christian, non-profit organization that provides hope and healing to families who have suffered the loss of a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth, or early infant death.
Houston groups meet in Kingwood, The Woodlands and Katy.
Bo's Place offers a Pregnancy Loss Support Group, which meets weekly for 7 weeks. Call 713-942-8339 or visit bosplace.org for more information.
Conquering Infertility, by Dr Alice Domar
Having Your Baby Through Egg Donation, by Ellen Glazer and Evelina Sterling
Unsung Lullabies by J. Jaffe, M. Ourieff Diamond, and D Diamond
Waiting for Daisy, by Peggy Orenstein
When You're Experiencing Infertility, by D Peoples & H Ferguson
So Glad We Waited
Partners & Organizations
Sparkles for Life
Grief & Loss Bibliography List:
Surviving Pregnancy Loss by Rochelle Friedman and Bonnie Gradstein
A Secret Sorrow by Ingrid Kohn and Perry-Lynn Moffitt
Unspeakable Losses by Kim Kluger-Bell,
Trying Again: A Guide to Pregnancy After Miscarriage
Stillbirth and Infant Loss by Ann Douglas and John R. Sussman, M.D.